- Pre-seminary—Michigan State University B.A. 1987
- Seminary—Fort Wayne, St. Louis MDiv 2002
- Christ Our Savior Lutheran Church, Livonia, MI: Senior Pastor
- Length of service at present church: 11 years
- Size of present church: 1,810 Baptized, 1,347 Communicants, 507 Average weekly worship
- Wife: Married 29 years to Amy Lou Davenport—Vocation: Lutheran Elementary Teacher
- Children: Four adult children and one child in high school
- Has been committed to regularly attending the educational opportunities offered through the Michigan District
Service beyond the congregation
- Professional Church Workers Conference co-chair
- Circuit Visitor Livonia
- Here We Stand circuit coordinator
- National Day of Prayer
- Local Ministerial Association
- Right to Life gatherings
Personal and Pastoral Skills as Noted by the District President
Pastor Dean Davenport is currently serving at Christ Our Savior Lutheran Church in Livonia, Michigan. He has served there since 2009. Pastor Davenport is a very fine preacher and teacher of the Christian faith. He does an excellent job of worship leadership. His liturgical preference style is flexible.
Pastor Davenport is blessed with overall excellent gifts for all pastoral ministry task areas. He brings special strengths in a loving, caring ministry with a vision for the Church that extends beyond the local parish. His vision for the church includes touching lives with the Gospel for their salvation and the extension of the kingdom.
To accomplish the above in his pastoral ministry, Pastor Davenport is blessed with exceptional gifts in the area of leadership and administration. He is outreach-oriented and community minded. He is blessed with outstanding potential for future ministry in the Kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Pastor Davenport is rated as outstanding in the areas of initiative, leadership, people skills, community involvement, attitude towards District and Synod.
Pastor Davenport is rated as outstanding in the areas of lay leadership development, assimilation of new members, personal witnessing, and preaching delivery.