- Pre-seminary—Concordia, Ann Arbor B.A. 1981
- Seminary—St. Louis MDiv 1985
- Grace Lutheran Church, Coopersville, MI: Senior Pastor
- Length of service at present church: 26 years
- Size of present church: 366 Baptized, 285 Communicants, 125 Average weekly worship
- Wife: Married 33 years to Mary Lou Hoyer—Vocation: Lutheran Teacher/Day Care
- Children: Three adult children
- Conflict Redemption
- Reformed Church History
- Alcoholism 101
- Creation Studies
Service beyond the congregation
Character Education Committee
- Co-authored Adult Confirmation Course, Fit for Life in Christ
- Coopersville Public Schools
Reproductive Health Committee
Strategic Planning Committee
Personal and Pastoral Skills as Noted by the District President
Pastor Hoyer is currently serving at Grace Lutheran Church, Coopersville, Michigan. He has served there since 1994. Pastor Hoyer is a very understanding preacher of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He is innovative, insightful, and practical in application. He is also a fine teacher of the faith. His liturgical style preference is flexible.
Pastor Hoyer does an outstanding job in all of the pastoral ministry task areas. He has an ability to relate very well with people. Through his ministry, people are empowered and together pastor and congregation have achieved much. The facilities at his current congregation have been expanded and the progress will continue.
Pastor Hoyer has a very positive attitude toward the church. He is a very supportive of the extension of the Kingdom beyond the confines of the local parish. He is very committed to being a positive force through his willing and effective participation in conference leadership for pastors throughout the state. He is highly regarded by peers in ministry and through his efforts returns that regard to his brother pastors. Pastor Hoyer’s ministry has been blessed by God. He has achieved much by the power of the Spirit thus far and holds excellent potential and promise for the future as well.
Pastor Hoyer is outstanding in patience, initiative, leadership, innovation, creativity, and his attitude towards District. Pastor Hoyer is an excellent teacher and preacher of the Christian faith. He also excels in assimilating new members into the congregation. He has training in conflict resolution and evangelism.